Engineering | San Mateo, CA, United States
Rumble Games was founded in 2011 and is located in San Mateo, California. The studio is home to a tight-knit team of professionals whose mission is to create the most engaging and fulfilling mobile game experiences on the planet. We are focused on combining the best of AAA game graphics and design with free-to play accessibility. We are passionate about collaboration and iteration to create games that will surprise and delight our players. We emphasize a positive work-life balance to allow our team to develop their best work. Join us!
We are looking for a talented Engineer with platform expertise to join our team. We have a highly collaborative process, where you will work directly with our game teams to create amazing products. The Rumble Platform is built to scale to millions of users, supports great social aspects as well as profitable monetization, and is easy to operationally manage. We leverage the best technologies, architectures, processes, and people to make that happen.
- Design and develop shared game features and services
- Improve our platforms scalability, reliability and security
- Use agile methodologies to ship code to production on a weekly basis while hotfixing as needed
- Collaborate with game, business intelligence and publishing teams to understand and meet their requirements
- 3+ years of Java experience or other JVM languages
- Solid working knowledge of Linux
- Experience building reliable, highly available and scalable platforms
- Experience building multi-threaded applications
- Solid relational database fundamentals, hands-on experience with non-relational / NoSQL alternatives
- Experience with design and implementation of REST-style APIs
- Experience with complex cloud-based architectures, e.g. AWS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Able to work well with a small team in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Able to understand technical implementations, and limitations
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Grails and/or Spring server frameworks experience
- MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB and Redis experience
- Experience with online game services such as Facebook, IOS Game Center, Steam etc.
- Experience with MMO or equivalent client/server topologies as used in online games
- Desire to work on free-to-play mobile games
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
California residents, please click here for our CCPA Employee and Applicant Privacy Notice.