Engineering | Remote
Rumble Games was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in San Mateo, California. Our fully-remote development studio is home to a tight-knit team of professionals whose mission is to create the most engaging game experiences on the planet. We combine the best of AAA games, free-to-play accessibility and blockchain technology. We are passionate about collaboration and iteration to create games that will surprise and delight our players. We emphasize a positive work-life balance to allow our team to develop their best work. Join us!
We are looking for a talented Game Engineer to develop gameplay systems for online video games with large-scale deployments. You will work directly with our design and production teams using highly collaborative processes to create amazing products. You will write highly flexible code for prototyping game features and write robust, scalable code once the fun has been found, and you understand the trade-offs between both approaches.
How You Will Contribute
We'd Love To Hear From You, If
- You will collaborate with production, game and engineering teams to devise optimal engineering solutions to gameplay requirements.
- You will architect and code sophisticated client/server gameplay systems.
- You will implement software systems with attention to security, reliability, scalability, maintainability and performance.
- You will innovate and iterate on processes, systems and technology to deliver a world-class gaming experience.
- You will be a team-player; Identify and articulate technical and production risks and obstacles; generate and implement solutions in collaboration with the team.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- You have 5+ years development experience with at least one shipped product.
- You are Fluent in C#, C++, or Java; experience with other languages is a plus.
- You have Unity Experience.
- You have proven your effectiveness in the delivery of production quality code for client/server topologies and synchronous multiplayer gameplay.
- You have passion for games, DApps, and Web3.
- You have experience working on and playing RPGs, strategy, and action games.
- Having a happy team that collaborates well is our top priority. We offer exceptional benefits and invest in our team’s happiness, wellbeing, and growth.
- Generous salary, 401k matching, and paid time off.
- Healthcare, Vision, Dental, & Disability Insurance.
- R&D Budget - yearly budget to put towards exploring games.
- Quarterly contribution & discounts for wellness related activities and programs.
- Exceptional culture and dedication to our team.
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
California residents, please click here for our CCPA Employee and Applicant Privacy Notice.